Well it’s no secret how much I LOVE soup!
I love it so much that the other morning, I had it for breakfast. Some might think it’s strange but I thought it was the best start to my day.
The best way to start your day is with a high protein breakfast within an hour of waking. This helps keep you full longer, revs your metabolism and helps stabilize your blood sugar for the day.
The best part of the soup I had is that it includes beans that add not only more fibre but also protein! Not to mention it’s ridiculously delicious.
My fave trick about making Vegan soups creamy is… Adding white kidney beans.
Skip the milk or milk alternatives, beans are where it’s at!
So anyway, here is my super simple (just how I like it) recipe for a creamy hearty, butternut squashy soup!
1 butternut squash
6 cups of water
2 vegetable bouillon cubes
2 cans of white kidney beans (canelli beans)
1 head of garlic
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Roast squash and garlic in the oven at 350 for 40-50 minutes. Until squash pierces easily with a fork.
2. Add veg cubes to water in a stock pot. Heat on low.
3. Once squash is done add to the pot, by scraping it away from the skin. (This is easier if you leave it to cool first.) also add the garlic and beans.
4. Either blend with a hand blender in the pot or add 1 cup at a time to a regular blender. Until smooth and creamy!
5. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
So simple so easy and truly so delicious.
Love, light and Soup!